Millions of scrap tires sit in stock piles across Indiana. These tire piles are aesthetically displeasing, act as breeding grounds for mosquitoes, and can potentially fuel dangerous fires.
In an effort to decrease the number of scrap tires in our area, the Allen County Solid Waste Management District holds Tire Amnesty Day. This annual event provides Allen County residents with the opportunity to properly dispose of old, unwanted tires.
The 2010 Tire Amnesty Day will be held on:
Saturday, October 2, 2010 from 9 am – 12 noon at Citilink, 801 Leesburg Road, Fort Wayne
- Open to ALLEN COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY
- Only bike, car and light truck tires will be accepted; tractor tires will NOT be accepted
- Tires must be derimmed, clean and dry
- Limit of 20 tires per resident
- Neighborhood Associations are required to pre-register with the District
- Minimal Fees Apply
Tires 1-4 are $1.00
Tires 5-12 are $1.00 each
Tires 13-20 are $7.00 eachFor more information on this event, .
Allen County recycled 8,246 unwanted tires in 2009!